“25 More Ideas for Summer Fun” builds on last year’s list, so now you have 50 ideas and no excuses not to have fun this summer!
1. Have a lemonade stand. (If you want to go all out, use this template from This Old House to build your own)
2. Make your own popsicle (try these “paletas” recipes from Sweet Paul)
Courtesy Sweet Paul Magazine, Summer 2012
4. Make mini s’mores – no campfire necessary!
5. Build a fort
6. Draw a postcard from a place you’d like to visit and mail it to a friend
Courtesy Giddy Giddy
7. Make paper bag puppets (follow the link for more homemade toys and games from Martha)
8. Make a heart-shaped DIY bird feeder to bring birds to your yard
Courtesy Cindy Hopper for alphamom
9. Scour your home and neighborhood for found objects and make a collage on a big piece of paper
Courtesy Yumi Sakugawa
13. About the constellations and see if you can spot them in the night sky
14. How to make friendship bracelets
Courtesy The Purl Bee/Purl SoHo
15. Organize a family game night! Board games, card games, charades, bingo!
16. Draw a hopscotch board and play. (Don’t remember how? Refresh your memory here.)
Courtesy Josie Bauman/Outside Alice
17. Build a house of cards (in 6 easy steps!)
18. Design an obstacle course – who can go through it the fastest?
19. Host a water balloon toss (or egg toss, if you dare…)
20. The library!
21. A state park or a nearby park to explore
22. A totally new place that you’ve never been to before
23. At the animal shelter
(My dog Laverne, a rescued dog)
24. To pick up trash in your neighborhood or town
25. To bring your neighbor some homemade cookies (and use these free printable tags)
Want to add to the list? Please leave your ideas in the comments section below!
And, it’s worth saying again that you will find a treasure trove of creative ideas, games, book recommendations and projects over at Classic Play! It’s a must-see website for parents.