Feeling a little cooped up? Need some ideas for fun things to make, bake and do? I’ve rounded up a list of my 25 favorites.
1. A winter village like this one by Mer Mag
2. Snow globes by Martha
3. This fun mini viewer (would make a sweet Valentine’s Day gift!)
4. Photos of special people, favorite toys, pets, friends and make a tiny book (by Printstagram):
6. Gold leaf papier mache bowls by Kelli Murray:
7. Cupcake liner ribbons (good for Valentine’s Day or birthdays)
8. Dozens of printable activities at Mr. Printables, including this sweet “My Paper World“
10. Don’t have a lot of space? Here’s a collapsible cardboard house for your little ones.
11. Sweet little calendar by Eat Drink Chic to give as gifts to your friends:
12. Salted caramal apple pocket pies! Get the recipe from Just a Taste here.
13. Hot chocolate + marshmallows (ever made your own hot chocolate and marshmallows?)
14. Homemade pretzels (I usually double this recipe by Elephantine)
15. Afternoon tea + sandwiches (get lots of traditional afternoon tea recipes here)
16. Heart shaped doughnuts by Sugar & Cloth
17. 5 favorite cinnamon roll recipes from the Kitchn
18. Popovers with strawberry butter by Sweet Paul
19. Listen to episodes of RadioLab and learn fascinating stuff
20. Learn how to grow a pineapple from Instructables
21. Play outside in the snow. Make colored spray and build the perfect snowman:
22. Cool and inexpensive home science projects to blow your mind, like making a pickle glow!
23. Attend art school with Classic Play
24. Draw mustaches and funny hats with a sharpie on models in your old catalogs and magazines
25. Have an outdoor winter treasure hunt! (And 22 other great winter activities).
That’s 75 ideas – now go do something!
Images from top to bottom (see links above): Mer Mag, Printstagram, Kelli Murray, Eat Drink Chic, Just a Taste, Sugar and Cloth, Yuki Sakugawa (Secret tips from the Yumiverse), and iVillage